Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Ideas

I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR SO MUCH!! It's official I will be teaching 1st grade!!! So excited I get to stay with my teammates but would have loved to work with the kinder team. This year will be easier b/c I am not planning 2 grades.(haha don't I wish) I also get my 9 kinders in my class this upcoming yr. They were awesome kinders & will be able to show the new 1st graders the ropes around the room.Well I have been in FL on vaction for the last 2 weeks. I have worked on beginning of school things on days it rained and I could not get in the sun. Vista Print & I became BFF's!!! I have designed and ordered many neat pirate things for the upcoming school year. Here are some things I designed.



Banner for outside door



Note pad




PIRATE Folder insert for front of folder


I have also started racking up on school supplies!!! Another exciting part of this time of the year. So if you have not been out....Target & Walmart are all stocked up....at least they are here in NC. Excited b/c I have red PIRATE folders & to keep with the pirate theme...red & black Composition Books. Yes a friend of mine ( not a teacher) made fun b/c everything had to match. She just does not understand. haha But may appreciate it when her son goes to kindergarten this year & his teacher does the same thing!!

My new favorite thing I got was kid table & chair at Ikea. Love that place so affordable!!! Then I found this Pirate rug at home depot for $12.00 & could not resist.
















Notebook


Postcard to send home before the start of the school year

While home I visted my favorite teacher store & got many Pirate things & bb paper & borders.  I will post pics once I get all bulletin boards done and my room set up.  Going to school Tuesday to set it up & meet with the 1st grade teachers to discuss the upcoming year!!!! 

So my wait is over....my back ordered book...Math Work Stations FINALLY!!!!!  It was on my doorstep when I got back from FL.....extra surprise!!!!


Can't wait to start reading..I'm sure I will be busy, busy getting everything set up.  At least I started math tubs last year, so I have the general idea.  Once I start setting this up again, I will post some pics with explanations.


Keep looking back b/c I will be posting some freebies in the next week on my tpt store.  Have a great Sunday...get out & enjoy the sunny weather.  I know I am....going to be poolside!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment