Sunday, July 17, 2011

Classroom & TpT Store

I have been very busy on Tuesday & Thursday of this past week.  I have set up my room & put up bulletin boards.  Finished my Word Wall (picture to follow).  I still need to finish 2 bulletin boards (pic of boards, still need to put up words & some pictures).  I need to find a bucket kind of chair, which I think I will get at Wal-mart, since I moved some things around & have lots of "extra" space....wish I had "extra" storage places. haha



Word Wall.....red paper with black border with white polka dots. The letters are made out of black & white foam. Took forever to hang evenly!!!!



This will say....Work We Treasure. I have a treasure chest cut out, the paper is ocean picture paper. I am trying to find pirate scrapbooking paper to do the letters.


I want this to be a writing bulletin board but am having a hard time coming up with stuff to put on it.


Let me introduce you to a great behavior system. It is the Clip Chart. Two other 1st grade teachers & I started this last year. We had always done the card flipping system, where once you flipped your card for the day you were done...no redeeming yourself. With the clip chart you can move up & down the chart through out the day. What ever color you land on at the end of the day gets colored in on the studet's behavior/homework log. I loved using the Clip Chart last year. It helps those students who may not make the best choices but can redeem themselves through out the day. Everyone starts on GREEN at the beginning of the day. If a student lands on green or above at the end of the day, they get a punch in their punch card, which I will show later. Ten punches equals having your punch card entered in our "Prize" drawing. Prizes include free computer time, lunch with a friend, write with a pen, treasure box, candy box. Then if a student lands on pink they get a card that has a little rhyme on it(I will show that later).



Clip Chart



Punch Card



Hip Hop Hooray card for those who land on pink!!


I have gotten my book Math Work Stations but haven't had the chance to start reading yet. I think this may be out book for PLC's so I may hold off till Sept. I did start math tubs last year & enjoy doing them. It worked well with a K/1st Combo...be interested to see how it works with just 1st grade. Below I put some pictures of how I organize my tubs. I love that I can stack them up. They are labeled based on the 5 strands to our Math SCOS but they may change with the new common core.





Since my classroom theme is Pirates, I have put together a Back to School Pirate Pack. You can check it out at TpT.




I have posted a Birthday Pack for FREE on TpT. This would make for a great birthday bulletin board or just to use month by month.




Head on over to Teacher's Pay Teacher's & check out what I am selling & giving away!!!!  You can also click my TpT button (to the right) & it will take you there also.


I am going to be working on some gameboards you can use for reading & math. Look back later on tonight & check them out. They will be free on my TpT store.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have been very busy this past week. Just found your blog and love all of the pictures. I am doing a pirate theme, too. So, I will heave to keep checking out your blog!!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I am going to the beach this coming week but hope all the things I have ordered will be coming in & I can't wait to share!!!

    ReplyDelete