Saturday, January 28, 2012

Sci-Fri & Super Slipper Spelling Friday

Thanks goodness it is the weekend!!!!  Lot's of things calling my name.....Long Vowel flip chart, long vowel word highlighter pages for word work, Fast Phrases to get ready & get Leap School Tag readers ready all by Monday...plus laundry & the infamous grocery shopping (that may wait till Monday).  I think I want to catch up on some Tivo & In Touch & Nicholas Sparks on the NOOK tomorrow!!!!

So yesterday I started Sci-Fri (Science Friday).  Every Friday before our Science lesson, I will do an experiment with the students & they will record their hypothesis & conclusion.  Got this great idea from another blog (can't take full credit).  The students also have a 3 prong folder which is their Sci-Fri Journal.  This weeks experiment was Dancing Raisins!!!!  Boy the excitement!!!!  I love Science.

The ingredients for the experiment (cups, Sprite, raisins)

Sci-Fri Journal

Recording page that then went in their Journal

Getting ready to experiment


Pop, fizz, dancing all around

Still DANCING!!!!




Super Spelling Slippers......
All my slipper spellers




We read Fancy Nancy Splendid Speller, talks about not looking on other people's papers & taking your time.  Beginning of a new semester, they need to be reminded.  So now every Friday they can wear their slippers while taking their Spelling, Fundations & Words their Way tests.  They put them on before their test & keep their regular shoes under their desk until we are done & then the slippers go back in their bookbag.  It is a big hit!!!!

Lastly on our busy Friday, we made snow globes.  They turned out very pretty.  All you need is a white circle, black trapezoid, blue water color paint, glue & glitter.  Students draw a snow related picture...you can color in with white b/c when you paint with blue it shows up.  Take blue water color paint & paint over their snowglobe.  When it is dry they put glue dots & sprinkle silver glitter. And then Whala.....you have snowglobes.......it may be the closest thing we get to snow this winter but I am NOT complaining!!!!!





I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!!!!  I am excited about next weekend.....we have Groundhog Day & the 100th Day of School & we are starting learning about Inferencing.  Plus I get to wear my 100 Day shirt, where I got the idea from Pinterest!!!!!  Come back next week for some more fun learning experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment