Thursday, January 5, 2012

TGI almost Firday!!!!!

What a week....we have been at school ALL week but it has flown by.  My students had been crazy before Christmas for like a month but OMG.....they have been WONDERFUL!!!!!!  Especially since I introduced them to a new behavior system.  We are still using the Clip Chart but now using an internet site, that comes up on my Activboard.  Click here for the website.  Got it from another teacher friend.  My kids heart it sooooo much today. 



This week we have started learning about different Parts of Speech.  This week we learned all about Nouns.  I got this great idea on Pinterest.  We listed nouns around Nick Noun.  Next week we will learn about Verbs & Vicky Verb!!!!

Here are some pictures of our week in review..........................

This week we learned about 3-D shapes.  This was an activity comparing the shapes & seeing if they can stack, roll, slide, are curvy or have flat surfaces.

Filling out recording paper.

Does this shape stack??    



Look back over the weekend, we are doing a SuPeR cute 2012 Art Project tomorrow.....I am totally excited.

Now on to my TpT store.  I have posted 4 things.  I am the trainer for Math Common Core in my county at the end of January.  I have put together some fun winter centers/ math tubs to get these teachers excited about the new Common Core!!!  Check out my units!!!  I also am posting I Have, Who Has?  for the first couple Dolch words.  There are pics below.....


I got wooden snowflakes & they can go around the room measuring different objects.

I have some winter foam objects & they can sort & then record what they have found.

Story Problems & there is a mat for them to work on.  For a little extra touch use marshmallows.
Plus many more activities with directions.  There are about 2 centers for each math strand.



Gameboard to use with addition problems(included in the pack)

Measuring with mittens & grouping by 10's.

They can use the wooden snowflakes to find different objects around the room.

Use pattern blocks to see how to make the different shapes.

Spinner & there is a recording page. They are practicing tally marks & graphing & interrupting their findings.
Many more games/tub ideas.  Enough for 2 per strand.

2nd Grade

Odd & Even numbers.  They look at the number & decide if it is odd or even & drop it in the correct bag.  Also they need to add the numbers & determine whether it is odd or even.

Choose a 3 digit number & then record on you paper.

Survey classmates & then practice creating their own graph.


I have, Who has!!!  This uses the first couple Dolch Words.


Now off to watch my guilty pleasure......Jersery Shore.  Got done just in time 10:00pm!!!!  Hope everyone has a great Friday & weekend!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Check it out at

    ReplyDelete