Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I-PAD Tuesday

So today we used the I-PADs in my classroom.  We had 3 to use during math centers.  I had observed a class last week that had a class set & they played tic tac toe using QR codes.  So I came back to school & started working on my tic tac toe board for today.  If you have an I-PAD & want to use it in your class, I am attaching the tic tac toe board in google docs for you. 

This was great .....the students scan the QR code on their paper & then read the math problem & then worked out the problem in their math notebook.  The kids loved it & if they played tic tac toe correctly, there was a game to play afterwards.  See the pics below to see the fun in my classroom today!!! 


Tic Tac Toe board

Problem they need to solve


Working in their math notebook


playing a place value game


Working out their problem in their math journal.  I have 4 centers, so we did this 4 different times.  Thanks to our instructional coach for the patience while teaching them.

Scanning the problems.

Playing the game at the end.

Everyone enjoyed the I-PADs....they were a hit!!!!!   Now I just have to wait till next month to use again:(


If you click here you can download your own copy of the tic tac toe board.  To make your own tic tac toe board you can visit...www.qrstuff.com You need to make sure you have the QR barcode scanner app.  Happy I-PADing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment