Friday, February 3, 2012

100th Day of School

Yay for the 100th Day of school......only 80 more (but who is counting).  I am b/c I am ready for warm weather & lots of sunshine!!!!!   So my day started like this at home.......

Banner on the door

Bag of red hots....yes I came up with the saying.....Pinterest gots NOTHING on me!!!!

We had matching 100 Day shirts I made (which I did get the template from Pintererst).
Then the school day started with our 100 day parade around the school showing off our 100 day projects we made.  Did I tell you these were the best projects yet in all my 12 years teaching!!!!









Lots of creative juices flowing in those households!!!!!

Now on to our centers we did.....Race to 100, 100 dice tallies, estimating objects, 100 Day trail mix, 100 Day Mystery Pic, plus somethings we just couldn't fit in.  If only our day  could have 30 more min. a day I could get sooooo much done!!!!  Just sayn'

Here are the examples of the centers....then you can see my kiddos in action.


Estimating Legos ....4 different bags one had 100 legos

100 Day crown


100 Tallies Dice Game-  they had to roll a dice & put 5 tally marks in each box.

Race to 100- play with a partner, roll a dice & each move their cubes that many places.  The 1st to get to 100 is the winner.

This I thought was so cute but boy did it cause heartache.  They had to write their name over & over in the 100 boxes.  Then color each letter in their name a different color. 



Now my kids in action......









Counting out 100 day trail mix.....10 food items, the kids count 10 of each item to equal 100.



Lastly we finished the day with a cake, singing & drinking some juice!!!  Great end to the day & watched Emily's First 100 Days of School.





Plus we had many flip chart pages where we had to figure out numbers to color on our Mystery picture.  Can you guess what our picture made........

You guessed it......100

You guessed it ......100




How did you spend the 100th day????  Yay for the weekend.....it's been one LONG week & I think it will be like that from here on out.  I plan on relaxing & will be back next week with some more fun things in the classroom!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a really great 100th Day! I love the door banner and the tally marks.
    My 100th Day is Monday! It will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete