Monday, March 5, 2012

Teddy Bear Olympics & Dr. Seuss's B-day

Well happy Monday......not really....all day it has been Monday...boo:(  Oh well I forgot my camera cable at school over the weekend so I am getting this post out late, and I am exhasuted & all into The Bachelor Women Tell All......so I need to be fast.  I will review our Thursday & Friday.  Thursday was teddy bear olympics & Friday was Dr. Seuss's B-day.  So much fun all crammed into 2 days.  And yes I will quote myself telling my assistant:  "I think I sometimes try to cram too much in 1 day!"  She replied with...."You think."  hahaha  So here goes our 2 days in review.
We started off the day with matching shirts I made!!!

Lots of Dr. Seuss centers......picking rhyming words out of books


Dr. Seuss board game

Coloring 100's board to make Cat in the Hat

Fact Family

Word Search

Read the room-  they had to walk around & read the cards & decide if it was a real or nonsense word

Reading the Room

Painting........can you tell what??

More painting....

Dr. Seuss Spin & Graph

Spin A Word

We also threw in a little MVP Scientist project....great project on static electricity!!!


She made the can move with the balloon

Making Cat in the Hat Parfaits


Finished product


Enjoying parfait & Seuss Juice (Hawaiian punch & Sprite)



Then we ended our day with watching The Lorax

Remember those hands with paint....well here is what we made...Thing 1 & Thing 2



Opening Ceremony to Gummy Bear song by Dr. Jean

Making Teddy Bear TLC Art



Finished teddy bears



Olympic Ring Snack

Obstacle course




Throwing Bears.....then they had a card with each activity & they had to color it in as they completed the activity.


Bear relay races




Bouncing Bears....a sheet & bears in the middle & throwing them up in the air.



Award given at the closing ceremony

Well just for a Monday the post got all screwed up...that's how my day has gone!!!!  Well modern technology....sometimes.  Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

3 comments: