Sunday, March 25, 2012

A little of this & A LIttle of That

It's been a long time my friends...life has been crazy!!!  I am hoping after my big yard sale next Saturday, life will be back to normal (at least one can hope).  7 more days till Spring Break for me....glad I have Mon & Tues of this week off!!!  Here is what we did for St. Patty day, Pirate Mark (got from Babbling Abby) to introduce the ar sound, & Wizard of Oz (also bought from Babbling Abby) & to wrap up our month long fairy tale unit, we had a fairy tale festival.  It has been a fun past 2 weeks....but WE are ALL ready for a BREAK!!!!!


Our room was taken over by a little leprachaun.  He got  into the green paint & put his footprints everywhere.

Spilled paint....that pesky creature!!!!


Doing St. Patty Day Centers- from my St. Patty Day Unit on tpt



Leprechaun pie (idea from Pinterest) & green punch



Leprechauns we made ( idea also from Pinterest)



Then we have been reading about different Fairy Tales & their elements.  To finish up our week, we read the Wizard of oz.  I found a picture book to read the first day & a chap. book to read throughout the week.  I really liked this unit...it changed it up for me!!!!  We did a craftivity everyday with writing.

They had to write about what they would do if they had ruby slippers(girls), sneakers (boys).

A fairy came to read a story to our class!!!  The kids loved it:)


For our Fairy Tale Festival we did a scavenger hunt & 3 bears breakfast.  I had cards with clues & the kids had to go around the school & find their picture clues.  Then when they got back to the class they had to talk in their groups & figure out what the fairy tale was.

Clues for all the groups

Those who dressed up in a costume.

After watching the Wizard of Oz, each group had questions to discuss in a group & then we gathered back together & talked about their answers.



We also started learning the AR sound with Pirate Mark.  It was a great way to teach the AR sound.  My assistant & I dressed as pirates on Monday to kick it off.  We did a flip chart, treasure hunt,  & cravtivity.  Can't wait till we do the Bossy R Triplets!!!!


Pirates...aaARgh!!!

I placed AR words around the school & as we found them we placed them on the map.  This was the start.

Half way done!!!

We found them all!!!

made a pirate & listed AR words we learned throughout the week.
Then to end our week our Most Valuable Pirate did their Super Scientist experiment.

Static electricity made the tissue paper rise up onto the comb.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!  I will be posting some freebies later on, soooo stayed tuned!!!! 

1 comment: