Sunday, October 16, 2011

Apples, Math Tubs , Most Valuable Pirate & Super ScientistWriting in our Math notebook

So after my last post I realized I forgot a whole bunch of pictures & didn't show our last week MVP/Super Scientist.  So here it goes.....


Writing in our Math Notebook.  We have a target number each day & the students need to write 4 ways to show that number (write the number, write the number word, tally marks & draw circles).  It has really helped my students with their number sense.


Target Number in Math Notebooks


Math Tub- Activboard- students use the number generator to generate a number & then graph the numbers they get.

Apple Tree Art


Measurement Math Tub-  Make a Train-  students roll the die & put that many cubes along the string.  The 1st person to use the cubes to get to the end of the string is the WINNER!!!



Students make apples with thumb prints


A finished Apple Tree Art

Trophy the MVP (Most Valuable Pirate) gets on Friday.  I ordered the trophies from Oriental Trading & then made my own label to go around the bottom.

Rylan with her trophy & award (that I made also)


Super Scientist......using a straw to push up water


Yay I'm Super Scientist!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment