Friday, August 5, 2011

My Summer Days Are Limited

My plan for the day of relaxing by the pool have been cancelled by MOTHER NATURE.....it's rainy & overcast, just nasty in general!!!! So now I'm going to try to get all of my To-Do List for school, so I am not burning the midnight oil. So let me tell you how over the top EXCITED I am with the new Pirate Graphics from Thistle Girl. They are AWESOME!!!!!! Now to go back & change a few things.

I went to my class on Wednesday & worked on a few things. Have some more ideas for your pirate themed classroom, which I may keep this theme for 2yrs, but can't make full commitment.


Name tags for the 1st day...Oriental Trading ($5.00 for 100)



No Drip Paint for Daily 5 Word Work


Dry Erase Board I talked about in my last post, but black & uses different dry erase crayons.


Pirate Chest (IKEA $14.00) I am going to use it to hold stuff animals my students use when they are reading.


Pirate Silly Bandz (Oriental Trading $5.00 for 50) I will give these out the 1st day of school with a sticker I made on Vista Print.

Now for those of you who do Daily 5. I ordered these books yesterday to read as I introduce Daily 5's The Best Place to Read- best places to sit & read, The Best Books to Read-picking good fit books.


The Best Place to Read- you can use this when you talk about picking a good place to sit in the room.


The Best Book to Read- This book is from the same author & you can read it when talking about Good Fit Books.

Well I am off to working on school stuff. Look back for Reading Book Bin Labels to use for your Daily 5 Library, Ryhming I have who Has & Literacy Gameboard. Hope you have a TGIF!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment