Saturday, November 19, 2011

What's Going on in 1st Grade This Week!!!



Well I made it through a 5 day week, boy haven't had one of those in a long time.  No fears next week is only 2 days!!!!  Wow my students are extra chatty this week but still a great bunch of students!!!  This week we have learned about The Earth, The Moon, The Stars, & The Sun.  Yesterday we made a Moon Game book to talk about the different phases of the moon.  We have tried to keep track of the phases of the moon every night but it's sooooo hard to remember everyday!!! 



We read this book.

We completed this flipchart tree map about earth.

Then each day students completed a paper about non-fiction texts & information they learned from the book.



We repeated the same thing everyday.

Towards the end of the week I kept forgetting to take pictures:(

Here are some Thanksgiving craft ideas I got of my new favorite addiction...Pinterst!!!



I am going to let my kids pick which one they want to do.  I love hand print art b/c they do not stay this age forever & parents can always remember their hand print size!!!!




Here is us working on our Moon Game book.  We cut & read each phrases as we went along & drew the different phases of the moon.  Next year when we adopt the Common Core, I will go in more depth about moon phases.


We have been learning about the doubles strategy this week so we made a doubles flip book.

I did small groups while the other students were playing Double Compare & Spinning Doubles

They used a Q-tip to put dots on one side depending what the doubles problem was.  If it was 1+1, they would put 1 dot on 1 side & press it to the other side to make 2.

They had to write the problem on the front of the book.  They loved doing this & those I didn't have time to get to beg to do it on Friday!!!!




Lastly I have posted a Christmas Game on TpT, please go check it out.  It's a game of comparing 2 numbers & filling a present board everytime a child gets the higher numbers.  The 1st person to get an object on every present is the winner!!!!  Here are a few examples of the game.  Hope you check it out!!!!






Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!!  I will be posting some more item on TpT over Thanksgiving break, so please check it out!!!!  Have a great weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment